114 S Semoran Blvd #7, Winter Park, FL 32792, USA

On November 15th, 2017 my home was burglarized. One of the items that was stolen was a Dell Laptop that I rented from Buddys Home Furnishings.

I called the Buddys location in Apopka where I was renting the laptop from to get the serial# so I could report it. A young lady whose name I do not remember was going to give me the serial#. She became reluctant and told me that she would call me back. I told her that i needed it urgently because I had to put it in the police report.

She became frustrated and not empathetic to the matter so I asked her if they close in 28 minutes would she or her manager call me back before then and she obliged. A few minutes later I received a call from the store manager, Roman. I asked him if I could have the serial# for the laptop so I can place it on the police report and he said no that he needed a copy of the report 1st. I told him that the purpose for the serial# is to trace the laptop as soon as possible and he was hindering the process.

I added that it's never an issue to take my payment because I'm on AutoPay so why were they giving me a hard time. He gave me the serial#. I asked him if the insurance covered a replacement. He said no it only covered internal damage on the laptop.

I asked him if he could hold off on taking payments for the laptop, he said no he didn't like the way I was speaking to his employee. I told him I've been a loyal customer of Buddys for about a decade and I've never had an issue with any of their staff. I told him that i found out my house was burglarized less than an hour ago and him and his staff were being harsh, uncooperative, and unsympathetic. He got loud and I told him that I am educated and smart and I will find the phone number and email addresses to report this.

I did find an important number or at least I thought I did. I called the Regional Manager Matt on numerous occasions, left voicemails. It is now almost a month later and I still have not received a response. I had only a few payments left on the laptop and I paid over the value of the laptop and was willing to continue doing so as long as a resolution was reached.

I went to Buddys in the Pine Hills location with my drivers license and police report. I showed my drivers license so I could transfer to that store since I live in the Pine Hills area. I was in the store for over 2 hours, missing my own meeting with my employees, because the Apopka location was giving the Pine Hills location the run around. I refuse to do business with the Apopka location because of their disrespect and lack of customer care.

I will continue to do business with Buddys if this is resolved. I am a supervisor myself and if I spoke to my accounts the way he had spoke to me or handled my customers account the way he is handling mine then i would no longer have a job. Im not asking that for him, I simply do not want to do business with the Apopka location.

Keep in mind that its been a month without resolution. A company should not take that long to resolve an issue.

Product or Service Mentioned: Buddys Home Furnishings Manager.

Comments