I rented a couch, tv, soundbar, and entertainment center with fireplace insert from Buddys. First, while turned off, the plug for the fireplace caught fire and had I not been home at the time, would have burned my house down.

Second, when I told them about it, I was told I still had to make payments on it, even if I returned it. I made arrangements for everything to be picked up, but when they arrived, they refused to take the couch with them due to some minor damage on one corner of the 6 pieces. Mind you, the furniture was rented to me in damaged condition to begin with. Two days later I received a notice from the State Attorney's office.

Buddy's is attempting to criminally prosecute me for theft of the couch, although tbey refused to remove it from my home and take it back. Condition 14 of the rental agreement states: "You may terminate this lease without penalty by voluntarily surrendering or returning the rental property but will be responsible for past due rental payments, incurred late fees, and any damage to the rental property beyond reasonable wear and tear." NOWHERE in my agreement does it say I will be forced to keep and pay for merchandise if it is damaged, nor does it state they will not take it back if damaged. I have spoken to the State Attorney's office regarding the matter and was told they still have to remove it from me and may receive a civil judgement against me for the damaged property, but cannot force me to keep and rent it from them. They are currently investigating the matter and are suppose to be getting back with me about it.

My suggestion is that no one ever rent from this company. EVER!!! I have even included a photo of the damage to the couch. It could easily be repaired and rented to someone else.

They didn't even bother to repair the damage from the previous renter before I got it, but discounted the rental price to compensate. These people are crooks!

Product or Service Mentioned: Buddys Home Furnishings Furniture Leasing.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments